Apr 19, 2009

Sponge Cake





Sponge cake(Not this recipe) is the first baking experiment for me nearly 2 years back.I used my oven to store my cookery pots till then..When i visited my cousin once i learned to bake a cake from her....Coming to the recipe i got this recipe from a website a couple of months back....

Ingredients

All purpose Flour/Maida-1cup
Sugar-1 cup
Milk-1/2 cup
Butter-1/4 cup
Eggs-2
Baking powder-1tsp
Cardamon powder/vanilla essence-1tsp

Method of Preparation

1)Beat eggs and sugar till foamy.
2)Add maida/flour to it slowly and mix it well without lumps.
3)Add cardamon powder/essence,baking powder to it and mix well.
4)Add hot milk and butter to it and mix it.
5)Grease a cake pan and pour the batter to it.
6)Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 350F.
7)Keep the cake tray in the oven and bake it for 15-20 minutes.
8)Insert a tooth pick in to it and check if the cake is done.It should come out clear.